Saturday, April 9, 2011

A shift in the works.

I would like to start incorporating a mixture of pictures and thoughts that frequently enter and exit my mind. I say this because the exit is so swift that I remember them like a fish remembers it's verbal commands.

I was invited to attend a wedding with a certain someone in Idaho this summer. I really just wanted to peruse pictures of "cozy homes" on yahoo, and this gem just happened to appear! This quaint little home just happens to be located in Idaho. Don't you just want to make a cup of cider and read a great book like the Great Gatsby or tantilizing true crime like Devil in the White City? I feel the porch is lacking a swing and me on the swing bundled up in an old quilt. Ahhhh. I think I'm ready for Fall before Summer has even gotten here.


Here's a picture of "Moroccan" decor that makes me want to paint the walls in my room. I one day strive to have the ability to mix and match colors like this. Those windows..!


There has been one constant in my "dream home" decor. I know that I want to have a vintage style kitchen. I cherish all of the antique shopping malls I have been dragged to with my Mama. After MANY years of complaining of the cold (why are they always so cold?), I began to appreciate the history behind each piece. You never know, Judy Garland could have reclined on that sofa or Clark Gable might have eaten off of that plate. I love fantasizing about the "what ifs."

I was actually looking to buy some of these babies today. Unfortunately, I felt the prices were a little steep. They were selling each for $22.00. Whew!

*Photo taken today in Sonoma County*


Red actually increases your hunger, while blue supresses your hunger. This red cabinet is still to die for!


I should be getting to bed soon. I want to leave you with a song I have been listening to on repeat for about 7 months. Enjoy!

Two Door Cinema Club- "Secret Circus"
(I think the title of this song would be a lovely theme for a birthday party!)

1 comment: