Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Lazy Picture Poster

I finally got around to downloading some pictures from my trip to my computer. I am so lazy, I refuse to alter any of these pictures to look halfway decent. Just bare with me..

In case you didn't know, I just got back from a month long vacation around the U.S. I stopped in New Orleans for Mardi Gras, Puerto Rico for some fun in the sun, and New York City for a taste of the big city lifestyle. I am thankful that I have amazing friends all over the world. I got to stay for free at each location because of my friends and their amazing hospitality!

Not only did I have the best vacation of my life, I also met a pretty cute/sweet boy. We met at the very beginning of my trip and he ended up flying out to NYC to spend the weekend with me. I got to do my NYC sightseeing twice! Ha! (I'll explain more on him later.)

Here are a few pictures from the first leg of my trip, New Orleans:
(Side Note: My parents actually met in New Orleans while they were both living there. I've always had a special place in my heart for this city.)

Cafe du Monde is always a must!
Can you see all that powder in my eye?
Yep, a newbie did that to me. It stung.
The cutest street performers doing Charleston style dancing!  

Beauty before the madness began.
I took a stroll down the Bayou St. John, and I noticed Katrina markings are still left on some homes.
Home? Is that you? Yes, come on in.
Rub-a-dub-dub there aren't any men in this tub.
Only SOME of my beads from the Bacchus, Orpheus, and Endymion parades.
These were the discarded beads.
Most of these are my nicer beads I decided leave in NOLA.
Note the stuffed animals that I also caught during the parades.
I did tote some around with me the rest of my trip.
Wow, Mcc. They must have been pretty special, huh?
Yes, mighty special. I bet you don't love bacon more than I do.
I may or may not have worn this while making bacon in NYC.
P.S. The pigs squeak. (!!)
My friend and I with some of our "swag." Sorry for the blurriness.
He bought that hat off an 80 year old man during one of the parades. 
I've never seen a guy so excited to buy a hat in my life.
I was eating a Muffaletta from Central Grocery when I took this picture. {Jackson Square}
For my last night in the city, we decided to camp out on trolley tracks of St. Charles Street for the Zulu parade that started at 8 AM on Fat Tuesday. I didn't get a wink of sleep the whole night.  I'm brushing my teeth in this picture. It rained and there were wind gusts up to 20+mph. Wendell Pierce from Treme was actually camped out to the right of our tent! Unfortunately, I had to catch my flight at noon and I missed the Treme party and most of the Zulu parade. I haven't roughed it this hard in my life. I got a total of 15 hours of sleep in the 5 days I spent in NOLA.
And this about sums up how I felt at the end of the trip...
(Red high heels are my fav. I own 5 pairs...)

I would like to add that the flash on my camera did not work the whole trip. I don't know how it knew I would be going to Mardi Gras. Some things just aren't meant to be shared.  

Ray Charles - "Let The Good Times Roll"


Laissez les bon temps rouler!

No comments:

Post a Comment