Wednesday, April 13, 2011

I love a man that appreciates antiques.

I stumbled across a write up about George Krauth's home on the Southern Living website. I adore the fact that he keeps the family heirlooms in their pristine shape. I am always trying to convince my Mom not to use paint/crackle on every single antique that has a scratch. She would 'shabby chic' his whole house if he let her.

First, let me just say this, I am blown away by his attention to detail. I swooned over the fact that he had his great-grandmother's letter blown up and framed. That's a family man right there.

Second, as much as I love the muted, earthy tones, I feel that there needs to be a few more pops of color. I feel the kitchen would be a perfect spot to start adding some vibrant hues.

Third, I have always vowed to have a porch swing. We always had one growing up, along with a huge wrap around porch. I think of porch swings and I think of a good book, sweet tea, and warm summer days/nights.

Last, is this man single? :o)

George Krauth on his custom porch swing in Chattanooga, TN.

2 comments:

  1. Lucky , normally men like Ikea!^^
    xoxo
    S


    http://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha looks like there is a spot waiting for you on that porch swing! :)

    You are too funny! I'm so loving the porch!

    xox

    ReplyDelete