Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Computer Chair Workout

I'm pretty dern lazy when it comes to working out. I really don't. Ever. I own a beautiful Raleigh Venture 2.0 bike that I fondly call, Red Velvet. She gets her wheels spinning about once a month. Now my main forms of working out are my computer chair workouts and walking. Back in the day, during my competition cheerleading years, I was so fit guys were jealous of my abs. Yep. Those were the days. To this day, cheerleading is one of the two workouts I have ever enjoyed. Dancing is the other.


F.L.Y. - "Swag Surfin"
This one has been circulating on my playlists for years. I was introduced to this song at a club in Mississippi I attended for an AKA Party. This dance is easy to do while sitting down, and if you do it enough it can feel like doing a Tracy Anderson workout!
(I mean, come on, they mention Patti Mayonnaise!)


Goldfrapp - "Beautiful"
I've always considered Goldfrapp my go-to music for primping. Listening to them will make you feel instantly more lively.
(If you like this song, I suggest checking out 'Twist', 'Oh La La', and 'Rocket.')

Los Campsinos - "You! Me! Dancing!"
This next video is not only visually stimulating, but so much fun to dance around to. Definitely gets your creative juices flowin'.
(You might have heard this song on a number of commercials.)

Dev - "Booty Bounce"
Great style and a great beat! I play this on repeat when I'm looking for style inspiration. And when I'm living out my white girl rapper fantasies.
(NSFW; I'm uber jealous of those legs!)


Muscles - "Ice Cream"
This one is a little tricky. It has the beat for a great workout, but it's sending you messages that ice cream will save your day. Hmmm, I'm on the fence about recommending this one. Dooce suggested this song YEARS ago and I have loved it ever since. I am so happy she finally started including a weekly music post on her blog.
(Check out "Sweaty" if you are down for a song by him that is NSFW.)

I hope you enjoyed at least one of these songs. My taste in music is pretty broad. Please feel free to share your favorite workout songs (or any songs in general)!



1 comment:

  1. I am with you on the workout thing...I never do it. Like never ever.

    ReplyDelete