Sunday, November 28, 2010

Guys coming out of the woodwork.

What the heck is going on with these boys? EVERY single one of the guys on the list of Leading Male Characters + 6 others have contacted me this holiday break. Half of them are in relationships! Uh..what? I guess this IS the time of the year that everyone gets a little mushy. I have always prided myself in being able to stay in contact with every single ex I have had, but this is a little ridiculous.

When it rains, it pours, baby.

A lot is changing in my life right now. I have been working in the corporate world since May and it is definitely not my cup of tea. I am currently in a temporary position. I got extended from one month to eight which is a great feat. It just isn't the type of job I want to be doing the rest of my life albeit a year! I am not programmed to sit in a 7 x 4 cubicle and stare at a screen all day. I am happy for the experience it has given me, but there are some things (a lot) I won't miss. I refuse to get into the details until my time is completely finished with the company. Until then, wish me luck with my last month.

I have saved up enough money to take a couple of months off to travel. The frustrating part is finding someone to travel with me. As much as I enjoy my independence, I really need someone to travel with. I am great with directions, airports and dealing with different cultures, but I don't want to go to Europe without someone to share the stories with. Why is that when we get older, time is more limited for fun things? I'll quote Iona from Pretty in Pink: "Why can't we start old and get younger?" 
This is me in 5 years.
I will recap Thanksgiving in another post. Until then, I will leave you with highlights: Guesstures, Brits, Racial Slurs and Stripping.


P.S. Tell me why I haven't heard this song before? I think it's fun and cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment